This is our Academy Award® winning model 1068 Rotator. We are honored to have been
recognized by The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences for the fact that these Rotators along with our motorized linear slide quickly became the de-facto standard of the industry because of their robustness, precision, and configurability. Over the years we have continued to refine our line of 1068 rotators and now many standard configurations exist depending on our customer’s needs for precision, load capacity, or removal of mass.
Some of the many features include:
• Aluminum bronze worm wheel and hardened steel worm that are lapped for zero backlash
• Capable of handling up to 225 foot pounds of torque
• Base ratios of 90:1 and 30:1
• Pre loaded four-point contact bearings support the worm wheel, allowing the unit to take up to
1500 pounds of thrust.
• Available with a straight direct-connect coupling or with a timing belt transmission
• Timing belt transmission is available in 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, or 4:1
• Universal transmission housing can be mounted on either side of the rotator and can swivel in any position before being locked in place. Additionally, the motor mounts to either side of the transmission
• Available with NEMA 23 or NEMA 24 motor mounts as standard
• 5/16-18 threads and reference mounting keyway (1.75” wide) machined into three sides of the unit
• Four mounting holes in the face of the unit that have a 1/2"-13 Helicoil thread and are counter-bored to allow clearance of a 3/8” socket head cap screw.
• Worm wheel protrudes 0.12” on one side of the housing and is recessed 0.06” on the other to allow either the housing or the worm wheel to be mounted to a surface.
• The worm wheel itelf has four 1/2” keyways machined into each face and eight 10-24 threaded holes on a 5 inch diameter
Low cost of ownership and industry leading specs make Mechanical Concepts the clear choice for precision applications such as: